The 2017 Canada Reads Finalists have been announced. This year’s theme is: What is the one book Canadians need now?
Join us, in the evening, on Wednesday March 8th, as the ESA Book Club engages in our own Battle of the Books.
If you’d like to join us, please:
Stay tuned! We’re going on a field trip to the Canada Reads taping on the morning of Thursday March 30th.
- Details to follow shortly.
Attention all Book Club members… our books have arrived!
- Books have gone to teacher mailboxes for delivery to students tomorrow, Thursday January 14th.
- Book Club members should check their e-mail for distribution details and to find the materials and links for choosing our next book.
Would you like to join ESA’s Own Book Club?
- Our next meeting is on the calendar for Wednesday March 2nd, from 7pm – 9pm, in the Library at ESA.
- New members are always welcome.
- We have a lovely assortment of staff, students, parents, and grads as members of our Book Club.
Our next book is our YA pick for the year, Soldier Doll by Jennifer Gold…. one of this year’s White Pine selections from the OLA Forest of Reading programme for schools and libraries.
- We met on Jan 6th to discuss Michael Christie‘s Giller nominated novel If I Fall, If I Die.
- We had a very lively – indeed fulsome – discussion.
- All assembled were in general agreement that it was a literary gem of a book.
Please fill out this Google Form if you would like to join us to read and discuss books with us.
- We have a couple of extra copies of Soldier Doll available for immediate delivery!